It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to add a new attribute to the Rich Hover content

Matt Muller (59813274) | asked Jun 06 '14, 11:46 a.m.

RTC Version 4.0.1

I have added a new Attribute of Risk Cost;  this has been added to the "work Item Editor".  When we hover over the work item type the new attribute is not displayed?

How do you get a new attribute into the rich hover,  I have asked this before but never really resolved my problem.

Thanks.

Matt

Comments
sam detweiler commented Jun 06 '14, 11:59 a.m.

I do not think the hover content is customizable.

Frank Schophuizen commented Jun 13 '14, 3:35 a.m.

I have noticed that the rich hover sometimes lags behind the updates. For example, when updating the priority and estimation field, the rich hover may still show the old values.
It seems as if the rich hover content is cached (for performance reasons?). I don't know how to force a refresh though.

2 answers

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Jun 07 '14, 8:29 a.m.
 Hi Matt, 
Per the comment 2 in jazz.net https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=171167, if you add a new attribute in the work item editor presentation, you should see the attribute from rich hover. 
The function worked for me in RTC 4.0.6.
If you could not see the attribute in rich hover, please try:
1. Create a new work item and test whether you can see the attribute in rich hover
2. Synchronize attributes for the existing work items.
3. Refresh the web browser and clear the cache.
4. If you are using Firefox, try to test using Chrome.

Comments
Matt Muller commented Jun 09 '14, 3:52 a.m. | edited Jun 09 '14, 3:53 a.m.

Hi we are using version 4.0.1

I have tried all of your suggestions:  but the attributes do not appear.

I have added a few new attributes and these appear in the Rich Hover however the Cost attributes I've added do not?  Format for the attributes are:

Attribute Type: Long

Presentation Type: Risk

Thanks for your help

permanent link
Matt Muller (59813274) | answered Jun 09 '14, 10:47 a.m.
 OK I think I have answered my questions here:

The presentation attribute "Risk Cost" doesn't display in the Rich Hover in 4.0.1
However when I change the Presentation attribute to "Long" that works in the Rich hover.

This must be a bug in 4.0.1 - I have decided to use the Long attribute as this also meets other testing requirements.
I really think that the Risk Cost presentation doesn't work as expected!

Thanks for those that commented on my question.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.