It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Team Dashboard in the Eclipse Client - Ability to share or centrally manage?

Ryan Davidson (1151611) | asked Jan 24 '14, 11:01 a.m.

There are a number of reasons why you may wish to use Eclipse instead of the Web Client to manage work items within RTC (e.g. Ability to Clone tickets; create ticket from text; better performance; better query editing; etc).

The problem, however, is that you then lose the great dashboarding functionality of the Web client.

While it is possible to use the Eclipse client's Team Dashboard and My Work views to show the same information you would host on a Web-based dashboard, I have not yet found a way to centrally manage this. (e.g. I want to be able to specify a default team dashboard for use by my whole team and deploy it to their individual Eclipse Clients. I would also like to be able to change / maintain the dashboard and either re-deploy or have my changes manifest in their clients).

I cannot see a way of achieving this in Eclipse 4.0.3. Is anyone aware of a means of accomplashing this?

Alternatively, is anyone aware of a Request for Change for this functionality in the RTC work log?

Thanks
Regards
RD

Accepted answer

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Jan 27 '14, 9:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Ryan,

please check https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ProcessTeamCentralLayouts

Hope it helps.
Eric
Ryan Davidson selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ryan Davidson commented Jan 27 '14, 11:14 a.m.

Just what I was looking for, thanks Eric.  I'll be implementing the workaround of distributing a central dialog_settings.xml to all in the team, but have also subscribed myself to the request for change.

Thanks.

Eric Jodet commented Jan 27 '14, 11:19 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Glad I could help Ryan

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.