It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Multiple users One Test Script

Siobhan K (111) | asked Aug 17 '15, 3:27 p.m.
 Hello,

I have a need to have multiple users complete different sections of a test script. 
Ex.) the test script has 15 steps and I have three users Sally, Bobby, and Joe. 
Sally needs to do 1-5, Bobby needs to do 6-10, and Joe needs to do 11-15.

From what I can see you can create a completion task and assign it but you can only create on task per test script. 
I thought I might have multiple scripts but from what I can see each Test Case can only have one TCER.

I looked around the IBM site and independent bloggers and cannot seem to find a similar use. 

Any ideas? 

Thank you!

One answer

permanent link
paul chu (59411) | answered Aug 17 '15, 5:54 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Siobhan,

It seems that you have three test scripts that need to be executed in a sequence.  Have you considered using a test suite with three ordered test cases for the three test scripts?  You will have a single TSER assigned to Sally first.  Once Sally is done with her test case, she can reassign the TSER to Bobby, then to Joe to complete.  The TSER will have TCER's for each test case for tracking their individual defects and status, but there is a roll-up overall status for the TSER.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.