It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Where do we log the information of project load from server workspace to local sandbox ?

Naveenchandra Patil (111) | asked Aug 13 '15, 5:37 a.m.
I need to get the details of the total time taken for my project to load from the server workspace to my local sandbox in a eclipse client. This information is needed for performance testing of the servers here.

One answer

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | answered Aug 13 '15, 7:28 a.m.
  Hi Naveenchandra,

It depends on lot of factors; eg: eclipse client memory, number of file/folders you are trying to load the component , network bandwidth.

I think you can any see the operations run as background jobs in Eclipse (for example: validation, indexing). You can get an idea of what background jobs are running by launching:

• Window > Show View > Progress

But not sure about the time details, it shows the percentage remaining.

Regards,
Arun.

Comments
Naveenchandra Patil commented Aug 13 '15, 7:51 a.m.

Hi Arun,
   Thanks for the quick response :)
    I understand that we can monitor the progress of the load by switching to progress view. But I am interested to know if the total time taken to load the project is written somewhere ? May be to any log file from where I can go and check this load time @ later point of time...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.