It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Eclipse Client: Does workitem hyperlinking no longer work in the Java editors?

Todd Lainhart (40611) | asked Aug 12 '15, 2:31 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
In the RTC rich client, it used to be the case that with Window/Preferences/General/Editors/Text Editors/Hyperlinking enabled, specifically "Jazz Hyperlinks", one could embed the text "workitem 123456" in a comment, such that when the mouse hovered over the text with Ctrl depressed, you would see a hyperlink popup to navigate to the workitem in a new tab.  This worked for "bug", "defect", "workitem", and others.

Since 5.0.x I no longer see this behavior.  This with a plain vanilla RTC client - no additional plugins, and no errors in the error log.  Has the functionality been dropped?  What does "Jazz Hyperlinks" mean then, as a preference?

-- Todd

Comments
Donald Nong commented Aug 12 '15, 10:08 p.m. | edited Aug 14 '15, 2:51 a.m.

Not sure about the expected behavior but it works for me any way. If I hover the mouse over the text "workitem 123" in the Discussion section, it becomes a hand shape. If I then click on it, the work item will be opened in a new tab. If I just leave the mouse there for a few seconds, a tooltip appears showing the brief description of the work item. This is with RTC Eclipse client 5.0.2.

Todd Lainhart commented Aug 13 '15, 9:31 a.m. | edited Aug 14 '15, 2:54 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Donald -

Thanks for your response.

It sounds like you're describing hyperlinking in the workitem editor, which does indeed work.

I'm talking specifically of adding text to a javadoc comment, along the lines of:

/

Addresses workitem 123

/

Ctrl-hover over "workitem 123" used to give me a link, just as Ctrl-hover over (say) a declaration would give me links to open the declaration or the implementation.

Ctrl-hover over "workitem 123" in a Java text editor (or any text editor) hasn't worked for a while now.

-- Todd

Donald Nong commented Aug 14 '15, 3:06 a.m.

That's a useful feature for developers. It's a shame it stops working. I find a funny behavior and I think it's a defect - the "Open Work Item" menu appears in the popup triggered by "URL", not "Jazz Hyperlinks" - it appears that the feature is implemented in the wrong place. Here is how it looks like

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.