It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can't auto resolve adjacent line changes?

Scott Chapman (3216547) | asked Jul 22 '11, 9:49 a.m.
edited Oct 12 '17, 1:13 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

I just realized that changes to adjacent lines cannot be auto-resolved.

Change line 1 in Stream A and line 2 in Stream B, deliver from Stream A -> Stream B results in a merge conflict which cannot be auto-merged.

Really?

Comments
Scott Chapman commented Jul 22 '11, 5:58 p.m. | edited Jun 14 '12, 9:18 a.m.

It should auto-resolve which is RTC before it gets to the merge tool in eclipse. We also get the same behavior using the CLI (non-eclipse)

I am fairly sure that the merge is done by the Eclipse merge tool - nothing directly to do with RTC. As they say "Other merge tools are available" :-)

anthony

Fausto Lemos commented Jun 11 '12, 4:50 p.m. | edited Jun 14 '12, 9:18 a.m.

I agree with Scott.. anyone from scm team could confirm Anthony's information? Who tries to auto resolve files conflicts? RTC or Eclipse?

Fausto Lemos commented Jun 13 '12, 9:21 a.m. | edited Jun 14 '12, 9:17 a.m.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Christophe Cornu (47123) | answered Jun 13 '12, 9:26 a.m.

I tried your scenario and auto-resolve worked fine for me. See details on https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=214697 . Can you comment on that work item and give us more details? It's possible something related to your content, content type, line delimiter is causing trouble, but more context is required to help you. Thanks!
David Lafreniere selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Fausto Lemos commented Jun 13 '12, 9:58 a.m. | edited Jun 14 '12, 9:17 a.m.

Ok, i will do that!

tks!

2 other answers

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered Jun 13 '12, 8:51 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The auto-resolve is performed using capabilities provided by Eclipse.

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jul 22 '11, 5:54 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I just realized that changes to adjacent lines cannot be auto-resolved.

Change line 1 in Stream A and line 2 in Stream B, deliver from Stream A -> Stream B results in a merge conflict which cannot be auto-merged.

Really?

I am fairly sure that the merge is done by the Eclipse merge tool - nothing directly to do with RTC. As they say "Other merge tools are available" :-)

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.