It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Retrieve RQM Categories hirarchy using Recursive Level in RPE

Amit Kravzov (1351616) | asked Feb 17 '14, 8:59 a.m.
Hi,

I was wondering whether Recursive Level in RPE has any meaning when producing a document from RQM.
More specifically I would like to know if I can use it to retrieve the categories hierarchy in RQM instead of finding the hierarchy based on the links between categories (using value set key which is very complicated).

Many Thanks,
Amit

One answer

permanent link
Chong Yuan Yin (7612) | answered Feb 17 '14, 10:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
RPE recursive level can work for RQM data. For example, for executionresult, you will see from the schema "stepResults" can be imbedded into "stepResult", and then "stepResult" can be imbedded into "stepResults" as well. So for query "executionresult/stepResults/stepResult", you can use recursive level (using the last 2 segments as recursive segments)

But for category hierarchy, it appears to me category and categoryType are used alternatingly, using href to refer to each other. So I'm afraid the recursive level will not work under such situation

Comments
Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Feb 18 '14, 6:19 a.m.

Recursion is not applicable for category. You can make out by expanding the data source schema in RPE.

Amit Kravzov commented Mar 04 '14, 1:42 p.m.

Can you please explain what do you mean by saying "expanding the data source in RPE"? 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.