It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM4/DOORs 9.4 integration - list of requirements for a test plan?

Una Ramsay (1101918) | asked Feb 12 '14, 8:44 a.m.
edited Feb 13 '14, 3:38 p.m. by Max Bridges (24126)
I have a production system with RQM3 and DOORs 9.3 (sync'd via RQMI)
In the production system, I have exported views on DOORs modules to particular test plans in RQM.
Within RQM, I can open a test plan and see all the requirements (from various views on the many DOORs modules) which have been exported to that test plan.
When linking a requirement to a test case, I open the test case, open its requirement section and select "add requirement". This gives a drop down list of ALL THE REQUIREMENTS EXPORTED TO THIS TEST PLAN.  This works well as the engineers working on this plan only see the relevant requirements and not ALL the requirements in the DOORs database.

I now have a test system to trial RQM 4 and DOORs 9.4.
The linkage to DOORs is much better but I have trouble understanding how to limit the requirements available to a test plan.
I have added Requirements Collection Links for 3 views (on 3 separate modules) to the test plan in RQM.
However, when I open a test case in that plan and add requirements, I get access to the entire DOORs database.

Any advice on how to set this up to limit the requirements available in a test plan (as it worked in RQM 3) would be very much appreciated

Thanks

Comments
Una Ramsay commented Feb 13 '14, 3:26 a.m.

typo: DOORs version used is 9.5

Accepted answer

permanent link
Bing Dong Ma (1962) | answered Feb 13 '14, 4:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Una,

Yes, in the Requirement Links section of test case, it can not limit the requirements available by test plan.  But there is just some workaround for this purpose.  The feature for the workaround is from RQM 4.0.3, so you might need to install a newer version if want to try, the latest released version is 4.0.5.    

After you added the Requirement Collection links into the test plan, you can just switch the View As of the collection links table to Coverage.  In this view it will show the requirements contained in the collections, and you can see which test cases are linked with which requirements in one column named Linked Test Case, which provides a overview of the coverage. For requirements that are uncovered by a test case, you can select one or more requirements and choose a command in the Actions menu. You can select Generate Test Case to create a new test case for the selected requirements. Or you can select Add Requirement Link to Test Case to open a dialog box in which you can select existing test cases to add links to the selected requirements.  The help information is at
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m1/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_track_reqcolls_frm_tstpln.html

Hope it can help you some.

Best Regards,

Bing Dong
Una Ramsay selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Una Ramsay commented Feb 13 '14, 7:37 a.m.

Thanks very much indeed Bing Dong! That is exactly what I was looking for

Thanks again

Una

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.