It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Report generated from DNG : issue in Text

Monali Jambhulkar (841640) | asked Jul 10 '18, 4:14 a.m.

Hello All

In DNG we have created module with required artifacts and using "Create and Print PDF Document" option .
Report is generated but the its showing requirement Text first and the Req ID with extra space between two .
I tried to edit "printModuleBook.dta" available in "JazzTeamServer605\server\conf\rm\reporting\initialization\templates\rrdg". 

But still I am not able to get output as desire.

Can you please let me know which setting i have to do it?
any other suggestion .

2 answers

permanent link
Softacus AG (2013) | answered Jul 10 '18, 5:02 a.m.

Hi Monali,

we are not sure if we understand the requirement right.
Module Book printout is puting the ID under the artifact in report.
Try to use Module Table - this will print ID side by side according to your module and when you print it into Word then you can still transform the Word layot orientation from landscape to portrait.

If this does not help, we can change the .dta file exactly according to your requirements. Just reach out.

Comments
Monali Jambhulkar commented Jul 10 '18, 6:58 a.m. | edited Jul 10 '18, 7:01 a.m.

Hello Softacus 

I am looking for Structure like " ID 13329 Functional Requirement" 
Please see image for more understanding : structure took from report generated from book layout. Please suggest.

Softacus AG commented Jul 10 '18, 7:21 a.m.

Did you try "Print module table" command? This brings format "ID Text"  Dont forget to choose "print attributes" option.

Monali Jambhulkar commented Jul 11 '18, 12:35 a.m.

Hello Softacus, 

I tried using Print Table module and output coming with ID and Text along with attribute.I have generated output in word and its in landscape view . When I have changed from landscape to portrait view, the some of the text and Image is not showing properly. 
Showing half image and Text alignment also disturb.
Can you Please suggest me.

Softacus AG commented Jul 11 '18, 5:51 a.m.

You need to change this in the Word. On the top you change right tab and right indent before you change landscape to portrait. This should solve this problem. We have just tested it on our environment sice our "Table of Content" section was also cut off....

(Optionally we can edit DNG .dta file in Jazz for you, so you will not need to do any changes in Word and you get 1 click solution. We estimate 1 day of effort.)

Monali Jambhulkar commented Jul 12 '18, 3:08 a.m.

Thanks alot Softacus .

making changes in on word for right tab and right indent it  will involve manual effort .
I have changed prinrtModuleTable.dta file to portrait layout. Now my report is coming in Portrait orientation using Table layout.

Now only problem is Text is not coming in one line  also if ID is 5 digit then its coming next line.as below:

ID and Req text should be in same like " 11753" and "Functional Requirement".
It would be great help if you provide me DNG.dta file . Appreciable .
Please suggest.
Thanks

permanent link
Softacus AG (2013) | answered Jul 12 '18, 6:22 a.m.

In the horizontal ruler of the Word you have "Move Table Column". Moving this bar will fix your issue. 

If you want to fix it automatically in every exported file you will need to download RPE and edit the .dta file. 
Optionally you can ask IBM Service department or us to do it for you. 

Comments
Monali Jambhulkar commented Jul 19 '18, 12:06 a.m.

Thanks for your help .

I am able to generate the report with proper alignment as expected.
I have define one attribute to module called XYZ and now i want to print its  value on first page (Main page) in front of Functional Specification:
Note: i have created variable called componentName with internal access.
Can you please help me how to fetch custom attribute value RPE?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.