It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Ratinoal Quality Manager - Can you make screen capture tool persistent?

Richard Edwards (111) | asked Jul 30 '15, 7:22 a.m.

Hi All,

I'm very new to Rational Quality Manager. I think we've got version 4.04 and we're on IE9.

I'm running a few tests and i'm finding that it's taking a furstratinglu long time to take screenshots. I'm using the screen capture tool and every time I push the button it (re)downloads the JLNR, the PC scans the download, it launches java, prompts a security warning (which i can't do anything about - locked down system) and  then finally opens the tool. Each action is quick in itself but the application I'm testing is very quick. I'm currently spending more time in rational capturing screenshots than I do actually testing the application - and that cannot be right.

Is there a way to make the screenshot capture application stay open after i tell it to insert the image into rational? -  That would allow me to just capture and insert as i move along.

Or, is there another/quicker way of launching the app by making a direct call?

I did some research before posting this question. I  understand you can paste images into ratinoal in firefox 10+... we don't have firefox and can't have it as we're locked down. In IE9 there's no ability to paste an image.

A colleague suggested he saves images to his file system each time and uses the attach-image instead of the screennshot capture tool. In my opinion this takes just as long and defeats the point of a lightweight tool.

Any other thoughts are welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Rich

One answer

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered Jul 30 '15, 9:29 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
Richard,

I agree with you, every time downloading JLNR and using the screen capture tool after several warning/prompt is certainly not productive. May be you can try suppressing possible prompts (screen capture tool warning can be turn off, opening JNLP file can be saved always by selecting 'Do this automatically..') to make it little less difficult.

But surely this could be ideal candidate for RFE where you get option to configure external tool which is available locally and same can be referenced on every request.

Regards,
Mehul

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.