It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I use Model Based Document Generation profile in a Design Manager model.

Michael Bongiovanni (823) | asked Jul 28 '15, 8:06 p.m.
When I have a model outside of Rational Design Manager I can add the MDBG profile and create diagrams in that profile. When I have a model that is being actively managed in RDM the MDBG profile (and others) is not available when I use Add Profile to Model. Is there a way to make MBDG profile available in this situation.

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Hirsch (1162) | answered Sep 10 '15, 3:34 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The right way to go is to create a Domain of the profile.
While creating a domain, Rhapsody adds some properties to the profile, therefore it needs to be Read writable.
You can do that by creating a new local model (MDBGProfileModel.rpy). Add the MDBG profile (MDBG.sbs) as Unit to the model.

Now you can create a Domain from this profile.

Important: after the MDBG.sbs profile is updated with the properties (RDFNamespace for ex.), you need to replace your original profile with the updated one in $OMROOT/Share/profiles folder.

Please update also the profile in case it's located on the server: JazzTeamServer/RhapsodyModelServer/Share/Profiles.

Michael Bongiovanni selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
David Hirsch (1162) | answered Aug 30 '15, 4:05 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Based on the version you are using, you can try following:

1. Use File -> Add to Model as reference (profile should be located under your Share/profiles folder).
2. Add a MDBG.txt file (file should have same name as the profile, with a .txt extension) next to the DMBG.sbs profile. This will cause the profile to show up in the Add Profile dialog.

Comments
Michael Bongiovanni commented Sep 09 '15, 6:33 p.m.

This worked to have the profile show up in Rhapsody. I still can't get the profile to Design Manager so that the elements show up with the correct stereotypes, etc. Everything remains a Rhapsody UML - Class. I tired the Create/Update Domain operation but is indicates the profile is read only and can't be updated. I am using DM 5.0.2 and Rhapsody 8.1.2.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.