It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is friend still required to be created between 2 Jazz application even they are registered under the same JTS server

Jin Zhou (591619) | asked Oct 22 '13, 1:29 a.m.
Hi,

I want to ask a question about how to integrate among Jazz applications.
Given clm(rm, ccm, qm) is running on server 1 with JTS, Rhapsody dm(dm, vvc) is running on a separate server (server 2) but being registered on same JTS with clm.

Though dm is running on a separate server but dm and clm are registered under the same JTS.
In this case, do I still need to add dm as friend to rm/qm and continually add the consumer key into dm consumer(inbound) list in order to create link from dm artifact to rm or qm artifact?

Thanks and Regards

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Oct 22 '13, 2:10 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Jin,

if your applications are registered to the same JTS, creating a friend relationship is not required as far as I know. You only need to do that if you have separate JTS for the apps.

Comments
Jin Zhou commented Oct 22 '13, 2:37 a.m.

Thanks for the answer, Ralph. I agree with you.

But what I checked after running JTS setup is the friend relations between each registered application are actually automatically created.

I can see rm and qm are added as friends to ccm. ccm and rm are also added as friends to qm.

Regards

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 22 '13, 3:15 a.m.

Yes, the registration does all that for you, so you don't have to. The friends relationships are always needed so that one server can interact with another server.

Jin Zhou commented Oct 22 '13, 11:40 p.m.

I understand the friend relationship is required for applications they are registered under different JTS.

Here, what I'm not quite understand is even if installing (RM, QM, CCM) in the same server and registered them with the same JTS, after running JTS setup, I can see QM is automatically added as RM's friend, in turn, RM is also added as QM's friend. Is this also necessary?

Thanks and Regards

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 23 '13, 2:36 a.m.

The friend relationships are required for servers to communicate with each other. If registered to the same JTS, the required friends relationships are created for you during the registration process. If applications are registered to different JTS, you have to create the friends relationships manually.

Chris Goldthorpe commented Oct 23 '13, 12:48 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Friend relationships are required between the different apps, these are normally set up during the installation process by the Lifecycle Project Application component. If you have set up CLM and later register another application such as dm the friend relationships will be created if you go through the application setup wizard after registering the application.  Creating a lifecycle project will also create the friend relationships if they do not already exist.  If the friend relationships did not get created by performing one of the above actions they would need to be created manually.

Jin Zhou commented Oct 23 '13, 8:13 p.m.

Thanks for the clarification.
As what you have explained, the setup wizard would automatically create friend relationship between 2 different applications.

The strange thing I found is the info of  the friend relationship which is automatically created between dm and ccm. or dm and qm.
the setup wizard added dm as the friend of ccm and qm with corresponding oAuth consumer keys. But the consumer keys are not listed in dm's consumer(inbound) list as what it should be but they are shown in the list of JTS consumer(inbound) page.

On the contrary, the info of ccm or qm friend added to dm looks ok. the oAuth consumer keys of ccm added to dm would be listed as the consumer(inbound) of ccm other than JTS.

Not sure above phenomenon is tool specification or a product problem.

Regards

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

permanent link
Jin Zhou (591619) | answered Oct 30 '13, 7:55 a.m.
 This has been seemed as the tool designed behaviour.

DM is based on Jazz Framework SDK which is different from CCM and QM.
This is the reason why the consumer inbound key to DM is actually managed and shown on JTS admin page.
DM delegates the incoming request to JTS instead.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.