It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Trial license for Design Manager: not available during jts/setup (dm deloyed on CLM server)

Frank Ning (50025119133) | asked Jan 10 '13, 9:47 p.m.
Hello,

The DM trial licenses are not available on the LDAP setting page during the jts/setup. Is it supported to have DM deployed with jts/ccm/qm/rm/admin together on the same (WAS) app server?

Version 4.0.1
AppServer: WAS 8.5.1
DB server: DB2 V9.7 FP7
(no proxy server is used)

How could I get the DM trial licenses in this case?

Thanks and Regards

Frank

4 answers

permanent link
Frank Ning (50025119133) | answered Jan 12 '13, 9:10 a.m.
I had to install and configure applications for jts,qm,ccm,rm first, then install and configure dm and vvc apps on the same server. By doing this, I can see the trial license for DM is listed on the second part of the install and config. It sounds like a defect to me but I now have the workaround. Added the information here in case someone else will have the similar "issue".

permanent link
Francois-xavier Panaget (58914) | answered Jan 11 '13, 5:33 a.m.
Hi Frank,

You should be able to deploy DM 4.0.x with jts/ccm/qm/rm/admin on the same WAS server.
Did you install DM / jts/ccm/qm/rm/admin at the same?
You do not have mentioned VVC, did you as well installed it?
The licenses should be available under the following sections:

Are these sections missing for you in the User Registration page?

On the Register Applications page, if you accepted the default settings and clicked Register Applications.
The wizard should have detected the applications that were installed.
On the DM infocenter it says:
The Jazz Team Server and Application Setup wizard automatically finds the Design Management (/dm), Configuration Management Server (/vvc) and Administration (/admin) application and, if applicable, any other CLM applications (/rm, /qm, and /ccm).
If you are setting up an enterprise or multiple installation scenario, you must provide the location of the other CLM and Design Management applications. Click Add Application and add the application instance and the URL of the server that contains the application. Then, click Register Applications.

After the application is registered, click Next. After the wizard registers applications, the left panel in the browser displays additional steps if you are installing multiple CLM applications.
Did you see this?

Note:
You mentioned that you are on WAS 8.5.1. According to the information I see in the system requirements:A5. Application Servers (Non-Clustered),  we are not yet supporting WAS 8.5.1.
The latest version of WAS is 8.0.0.3 to 8.0.0.5 and future fixpack.
I am not sure if this relevant here but I thought I would mention it.

François

Comments
Frank Ning commented Jan 11 '13, 9:39 p.m.

Hi Francois,

Thanks for your response.

The DM was installed into the same location as CLM. Everything is installed on one machine for the same WAS App Server. Then jts/setup was run, which recognized all CLM apps, dm,vvc and helper applications. However, the trial license section did not show the DM trial licenses.

permanent link
Francois-xavier Panaget (58914) | answered Jan 14 '13, 9:40 a.m.
Hi Frank,

Thanks for posting your workaround.
Most of the time, I install CLM and DM at the same time and never saw this unless I did not have explicitely install the trial license with IBM Installation Manager when installing RSA DM.

If you have reproducible steps, I would recommend you to create a WI for this behavior.

François

permanent link
Monika Gupta (15279) | answered Jan 30 '13, 6:53 a.m.
I am laso facing similar issue. Can some one tell How to get this Design Manger license avtivated now?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.