It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can't get to jazz Source Control with RTC 2.0

Brian Kozitza (121) | asked Jul 14 '09, 7:00 p.m.
I'm try to run RTC on AIX. I have installed eclipse 3.5 and put the RTC 2.0 version of the jazz/client/eclipse/jazz dirs into the dropins folders. Eclipse comes up ok, I can connect to the jazz server, but when I select the Source Control folder I get the error shown at the end of this note. This was working when I was using RTC 2.0 beta1

I have tried it using java 1.5 and java 1.6. Doing this same approach seems to work fine on windows and linux.

java.lang.RuntimeException: This version of java will not work with Jazz Source Control. Please upgrade your JVM to the most recent available version.
at com.ibm.team.scm.client.content.BasicVersionedContentManager.<init>(BasicVersionedContentManager.java:190)
at com.ibm.team.scm.client.internal.WorkspaceManager.<init>(WorkspaceManager.java:257)
at com.ibm.team.scm.client.internal.SCMClientLibraryFactory.createClientLibrary(SCMClientLibraryFactory.java:23)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ClientLibraryFactoryRegistry.getClientLibrary(ClientLibraryFactoryRegistry.java:89)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.getClientLibrary(TeamRepository.java:460)
at com.ibm.team.scm.client.SCMPlatform.getWorkspaceManager(SCMPlatform.java:44)
at com.ibm.team.internal.filesystem.ui.views.search.workspace.PlaceSearchQuery.fetchResult(PlaceSearchQuery.java:170)
at com.ibm.team.repository.rcp.ui.internal.viewers.RepositoryQuery.computeResult(RepositoryQuery.java:114)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.ui.queries.CombinedStreamsAndOwnedComponentsQuery.fetchResult(CombinedStreamsAndOwnedComponentsQuery.java:82)
at com.ibm.team.repository.rcp.ui.internal.viewers.RepositoryQuery.computeResult(RepositoryQuery.java:114)
at com.ibm.team.repository.rcp.ui.internal.viewers.Query$1.run(Query.java:62)
at com.ibm.team.repository.rcp.ui.operations.JobRunner.run(JobRunner.java:205)
at com.ibm.team.repository.rcp.ui.operations.JobRunner$1.run(JobRunner.java:62)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

3 answers

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Jul 15 '09, 10:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,
please verify te JRE you're using is as the expcted level:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=3488&uid=swg27015704#HDE

Also note that Eclipse 3.5 is "tolerated" - should work but not
officially supported.

In a same manner, I can see that only Linux is a supported OS for the
RTC Client 2.0:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=3488&uid=swg27015704#Linux

Eric.

kozitza a crit :
I'm try to run RTC on AIX. I have installed eclipse 3.5 and put the
RTC 2.0 version of the jazz/client/eclipse/jazz dirs into the dropins
folders. Eclipse comes up ok, I can connect to the jazz server,
but when I select the Source Control folder I get the error shown at
the end of this note. This was working when I was using RTC 2.0
beta1

I have tried it using java 1.5 and java 1.6. Doing this same
approach seems to work fine on windows and linux.

java.lang.RuntimeException: This version of java will not work with
Jazz Source Control. Please upgrade your JVM to the most recent
available version.
at
com.ibm.team.scm.client.content.BasicVersionedContentManager.<init>(BasicVersionedContentManager.java:190)
at
com.ibm.team.scm.client.internal.WorkspaceManager.<init>(WorkspaceManager.java:257)
at
com.ibm.team.scm.client.internal.SCMClientLibraryFactory.createClientLibrary(SCMClientLibraryFactory.java:23)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ClientLibraryFactoryRegistry.getClientLibrary(ClientLibraryFactoryRegistry.java:89)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.getClientLibrary(TeamRepository.java:460)
at
com.ibm.team.scm.client.SCMPlatform.getWorkspaceManager(SCMPlatform.java:44)
at
com.ibm.team.internal.filesystem.ui.views.search.workspace.PlaceSearchQuery.fetchResult(PlaceSearchQuery.java:170)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.rcp.ui.internal.viewers.RepositoryQuery.computeResult(RepositoryQuery.java:114)
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.ui.queries.CombinedStreamsAndOwnedComponentsQuery.fetchResult(CombinedStreamsAndOwnedComponentsQuery.java:82)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.rcp.ui.internal.viewers.RepositoryQuery.computeResult(RepositoryQuery.java:114)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.rcp.ui.internal.viewers.Query$1.run(Query.java:62)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.rcp.ui.operations.JobRunner.run(JobRunner.java:205)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.rcp.ui.operations.JobRunner$1.run(JobRunner.java:62)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jul 29 '09, 3:23 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You need to run with the JDK included in RTC. Try copying the jdk directory from the RTC 2.0 client install to be under the eclipse directory for your eclipse 3.5 install. Alternatively, you can also use the -vm argument, e.g. eclipse -vm {path_to_jdk}\bin\java

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Aug 19 '09, 11:33 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
For more on this issue, see:
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/BuildFAQ#WhichJDK

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.