It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

process Sharing of QM, CM PAs in CLM and impact of global configuration

kavita herur (5876593) | asked Jul 14 '15, 12:36 a.m.
 Hi All,
 From last 4 years  I have been working on RTC.  We are using process sharing concept for process improvements. We want to  start with RQM 6.0 in similar manner( process sharing) and also make use of  other features of 6.0 like - Life cycle projects and global configuration. So
 1. can I still retain the process sharing  concept in Life cycle (LPA of CM)
2. Can  I start using QM PA with  process sharing  concept in Life cycle (LPA of QM)
3. I didn't find unconfigured process template in 6.0(CPA ). Can I create it?
4. Does process sharing has any impact on Global configuration?
 Please let me know any information related to above questions. As I find very less information on this.

Thanks,
Kavita

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 14 '15, 2:00 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 14 '15, 2:03 a.m.
The Unconfigured process is still shipped with QM and CCM.
There is no unconfigured process template in RM (that I can find)
There never was a template using the unconfigured process in LPA - you have to create one if you want to use that for all I know.
Global Configuration Management does not have any impact on the templates as far as I am aware and process sharing should still work.

Global Configuration Management however has a lot of consequences as described here: https://jazz.net/servlet/clm-cm/request-key that you want to consider if you want to use it in production. Once on, you can't turn it off. Once on, there are implications on reporting etc. Carefully read that page.
kavita herur selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
kavita herur commented Jul 14 '15, 3:06 a.m.

Thanks Ralph, This will really help me.

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 14 '15, 3:14 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

PS: we suggest to do a throw away pilot (on a separate system) to understand Global Configuration management, how it works, how you can use it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.