It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does JRS allow reporting on requirement module artifacts?

Robert Huet (23112884) | asked Jul 09 '15, 2:34 p.m.

I have tested on both JRS 5.0.2 and JRS 6.0, but I am unable to get a listing of requirement artifacts that have a format of "module".

Is this a known limitation of JRS, or am I missing something?  I'm not trying to report on the module content (I would use RPE for that), but I would expect to be able to report on the attributes of my module artifacts as I would any other artifact type in DOORS Next.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Steven Shaw (55113) | answered Jul 09 '15, 2:43 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello,

Requirement collection or module isn't currently exposed as a first class artifact in the Report Builder.  It can be used as a scoping mechanism through the conditions on a requirement though.  Consequently you can scope requirements based on the module or collection they belong to, but it is not possible to add conditions on the Module itself (unless you use the Advanced SQL capability).

If this is a story you would be interested in, it is now possible to log Stories and Defects in the new public project area for the Jazz Reporting Service: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Reporting%20Service#action=com.ibm.team.dashboard.viewDashboard

We may consider this in an up-coming release.

Regards,

-Steve
Robert Huet selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Robert Huet commented Jul 09 '15, 3:49 p.m.

Thanks, Steve.  I tried creating a story, but I do not have permission to do so.

Here is the story I would like to submit:

As a BA, I want to report on the status of my use cases (which are modules) and show traceability between use cases and other artifacts.  In use case driven development projects, use cases are central to the development effort.

One other answer

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Jul 10 '15, 9:34 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Comments
Robert Huet commented Jul 10 '15, 9:36 a.m.

Thanks, Daniel!

Robert Huet commented Jul 07 '16, 12:58 p.m.

Wow, what a disappointment!  Not being able to report on module requirements in JRS has been a big deficiency, and I was counting on this enhancement being implemented in 6.0.2.  Even though the story shows to have been implemented, it is not working in my 6.0.2 sandbox.  Artifact types with format of "Module" do not appear in the list of requirement artifact types in Report Builder.

should this be logged as a defect?  Or did the developers/testers misinterpret the request?  What functionality was actually implemented?

Robert Huet commented Jul 07 '16, 4:54 p.m.

Ok, I spoke too soon.  This enhancement has been implemented in 6.0.2.  I missed it because the module artifact types now appear under a new category called "Collection or Module".  This is great!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.