It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM browser: Group by - inconsistent behaviour

Jörg Werner (3033881) | asked Oct 20 '15, 2:26 p.m.
Hello,

For me it seems that "group by" is not really consistent.

If I group by "created by" then the column "created by" will automatically disappear in the browser table view.
If I group by "owner" the "owner" column is still visible in the browser table view.

So, most columns will not disappear. So far  only for "Created by" for test plans and test cases and the "suspect" column for test cases will disappear?

Can someone explain this inconsistent behaviour?

Thanks, Jörg

Accepted answer

permanent link
paul chu (59411) | answered Oct 22 '15, 11:04 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
After thorough investigation, it is actually working as designed.  The grouped by column will be hidden unless the table column has the bulk change action .  It does appear inconsistent but we don't want to hide the action.  The columns mentioned that are hidden indeed do not have the bulk change action.
Jörg Werner selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jörg Werner commented Oct 23 '15, 2:17 a.m.

Thanks for clarification.

One other answer

permanent link
paul chu (59411) | answered Oct 22 '15, 10:28 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Jörg,

Which version of QM are you using?  I just submitted a defect for this - Inconsistent behavior in "group by" table list view (143436).  It used to hide the grouped by column since it is just showing redundant information.  However, it is actually nice to have it displayed so that you can sort or filter on that without the need to ungroup first.  We will find out to hide or not to hide and make it consistent for all columns.

Thanks.

Comments
Jörg Werner commented Oct 22 '15, 10:45 a.m.

we use 5.0.2

thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.