It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Creation Execution Schedule for Manual Tests

Leesen Padayachee (9955119) | asked Jun 27 '18, 6:29 a.m.

Hi

I need some advice on the following scenario. We want to create manual builds in RQM. This is simple. During an execution of a TCER, we just choose "Run with options" and choose the selected build so that the result has that build.

Now, I also see that there is an option to create an execution schedule. Is this also for manual tests? Under build completion, you can select the build definition, and under steps you can associate TCERs for this schedule. But, now how does the schedule work for manual tests? Do I still need to go into the Test plan and execute the TCER's and then see the build associated to the result? I am not understanding the reason I have to associate TCER's to this execution schedule?

The behaviour I would expect is that because I created an execution schedule, I just need to run the TCER's manually and the build will be associated to the result? Please let me know if my assumption is correct?

Thanks,
Leesen

One answer

permanent link
Lam To (216) | answered Jul 03 '18, 10:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Execution schedules are used, as the name implied, to schedule the execution of the steps in a pre-defined interval. It can be triggered by time, such as daily, or by event such as after a completion of a build. You can fine more reference information here:

If you associate a step with a TCER that references a manual test, when the scheduled test is started, it will appear in the execution console. From there you can click on the scheduled test and start executing the manual test. If the schedule is triggered by build completion, the result of that test will be automatically associated with the build that triggered it.

Comments
Lam To commented Jul 03 '18, 10:45 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Correction to the link to the execution schedule's reference page: 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.