It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to have multiple child iterations active under a parent iteration?

michael entler (171226) | asked Jul 08 '15, 4:08 p.m.
edited Jul 08 '15, 4:10 p.m.

I am currently using RTC 3.0.1.6 and will be upgrading to RTC 5.0.2 soon.

I have an RTC project that encompasses several applications.  

They have chosen to manage their timelines by using a parent iteration (with release) and multiple child iterations (all falling in the date range of the parent) under the parent.

They would ideally like to have multiple child iterations and the parent active(set as current) at any given time as that would accurately reflect what is happening. T his doesn't seem to be possible with out nesting further children.

Is this possible in 3.x or 5.x?

The only thing I can think is to nest them further but that would seem to get very messy.

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jul 08 '15, 5:08 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Only one iteration at a given level within a particular timeline can be marked as "current" (because various pieces of business logic depend on there being at most one current iteration at a given level at a given time).   So if you mark the dev_5.1.3.4 as current iteration of timeline dev, then the parent iterations of dev_5.1.3.4 (assuming the natural iteration naming conventions, these would be dev_5.1.3, dev_5.1, and dev_5) would also be marked as current.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.