It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What permission is required to change the "A release is scheduled for this iteration" checkbox?

Janet Charbonneau (852654) | asked Jan 15 '15, 2:30 p.m.
Our development team is using the Scrum/Agile ALM template in RTC.  As part of this template, there is a Scrum Master role and a Project Area Administrator role.  The person with the Scrum Master role was setting up new Sprints (iterations).  Once they set up the new sprints, the current sprint (iteration) did not have the "A release is scheduled for this iteration" checkbox checked.  They selected that sprint and selected Edit Properties.  When they checked it and went to save it, they got a permissions error.  I have the Project Area Administrator role and I was able to check that checkbox and save it.  I would like to give the Scrum Master role the permission that will allow them to save this.  What is the specific permission that I need to give that role in order to give them the permission to change and save that checkbox?

3 answers

permanent link
Christian Morgan (317714) | answered Jan 15 '15, 3:15 p.m.

I believe it is:

Project Configuration -- Permissions -- Process -- Save Project Area (server) -- Modify a project area -- Modify the iteration structure

Comments
Janet Charbonneau commented Jan 15 '15, 3:31 p.m.

The Scrum Master role already has the Modify the iteration structure permission, with Modify the collection of timelines and Modify the structure of iterations permissions as well.  So don't believe that is the correct one.  If it is, then we have other issues.

permanent link
Christian Morgan (317714) | answered Jan 15 '15, 3:53 p.m.
What's the error message?  Could be other issues.  Can the user in the Scrum Master role also add new timelines/iterations?  If they cannot even do that then there might be something else as the root cause of the error.

Comments
Janet Charbonneau commented Jan 15 '15, 5:23 p.m.

Thanks, Christian, for asking about the error message.  My developer only told me it was a permissions problem.  I used one of our testing IDs to recreate the problem myself so I could see the error message and when you expand the error message it tells you that it needs the "Modify project area properties" permission.  Not sure why he didn't relay that part to me.  I tested it out and was able to modify it once I gave the Scrum Master role that permission.  Now I just need to figure out what other things can be changed when given that roll before I assign the Scrum Master role that permission on our production server.  Thanks!

permanent link
Janet Charbonneau (852654) | answered Jan 15 '15, 5:23 p.m.
It ended up being the "Modify project area properties" permission.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.