It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

LDAP + External Users

Leesen Padayachee (9955119) | asked Jul 06 '15, 9:54 a.m.
Hi

I have installed CLM 5.0.2 for my client with LDAP integration into the organisations Active Directory. The client also has external vendors who do not form part of their LDAP setup. Is it possible to add external users to this LDAP integrated JAZZ installation? Will I need to add them on Websphere Applications Server first, before creating them on JAZZ?

Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jul 07 '15, 12:25 a.m.
Check out this article. You can set up another LDAP server just for those external users, or just put them to the file based user repository. Also see my comment at the bottom of the article.
https://jazz.net/library/article/604

Comments
Leesen Padayachee commented Jul 07 '15, 5:57 a.m.

Hi Donald

Thanks for the response. When you say just add them to theĀ file based user repository, I assume this is done on WAS, but will they need to be added on Jazz also? because the "Create User" button is greyed once Jazz in linked to an external registry.

Thanks

permanent link
Leesen Padayachee (9955119) | answered Jul 17 '15, 3:36 a.m.
Hi Donald

From the article above, please correct me if I am wrong:

If I use a  Hybrid LDAP & File Based Realm, it means that all users (both LDAP and external users) would need to be created manually in Jazz?

Thanks

Comments
Donald Nong commented Jul 20 '15, 3:09 a.m.

You can still configure the LDAP in JTS and use the user synchronization feature - JTS will synchronize users of the "current" LDAP server.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.