It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why won't the RTC Screen Capture tool run anymore?

Jamie Berry (14014196) | asked Jul 02 '15, 2:54 p.m.

I am trying to use the RTC Screen Capture tool in RTC 5.0.2 with iFix006 and am having problems.  The first time I tried running it, everything appeared to work correctly.  The tool launched, I was able to capture a section of the screen and attach it to a work item.  Everytime since then, the tool will not launch.  It acts like it is launching (javaws launches) but nothing happens and I am not seeing any errors.

I have tried in Firefox, Chrome, and IE.  My IE verison is IE 9.  I am running Oracle Java version 7 update 80.

I launched the web starter control panel and have tried removing the application to see if that helps, and nothing.  I even restarted my PC.  Any ideas on how to get this tool to launch again?

Jamie.

Comments
Marek Siekierski commented Jul 02 '15, 5:46 p.m.

Hi Jamie,

Are there any errors in the web console in your browser?

Jamie Berry commented Jul 02 '15, 6:07 p.m.

I wasn't seeing any errors, then I finally determined how to show the Java console.  With the Java console visible, the tool runs, but it doesn't run without the console visible.  I looked in the console for messages, and this is what showed up:

Missing Application-Name manifest attribute for: https://gdccm01.gddsi.com:9443/ccm/service/com.ibm.team.workitem.service.internal.rest.IScreenCaptureDownloadService/capture.jar
JNLPClassLoader: Finding library swt-win32-3740.dll
JNLPClassLoader: Finding library swt-win32.dll
JNLPClassLoader: Finding library swt-win32-3740.dll
JNLPClassLoader: Finding library swt-win32.dll

Thanks.

Donald Nong commented Jul 03 '15, 1:47 a.m.

It's probably a JRE issue. I tried with Oracle Java 1.8.0_45 and IBM Java 1.7.0SR8 and neither had such a problem. Of course I tested with RTC 5.0.2 iFix006.

If you have other JRE installed on your machine, you can run the SCT directly by running

<JRE_PATH>\bin\javaws.exe rtc_screencapture.jnlp
Note that you should always use the latest copy of rtc_screencapture.jnlp that you download from the browser.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.