It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How should I transfer all the streams and components and files to an offline network

Richard Good (872158) | asked Jul 02 '15, 4:26 a.m.

Hello,

I have a project area with a bunch of streams and components that I want to transfer/ recreate on a separate RTC database on a separate network. What's the best way to do this? I only need the latest data, no need to take all the baselines/ snapshots?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 02 '15, 4:47 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 02 '15, 4:49 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you want to bring over just one baseline, load a repository workspace and connect to the other RTC Server. then disconnect the source on disk and share the data creating the components you want. But then the old and new data is completely disconnected.

Richard Good commented Jul 02 '15, 4:59 a.m.

The article seems very relevant - thanks for the link - I'll download it and report back. The idea is to synch the data in one direction, then possibly to have some work item update facility to synch work items attributes in both directions if they really must, I think I can handle the work item bit.

Richard Good commented Jul 02 '15, 7:04 a.m.

Installing the necessary infrastructure to do it using a shipping database is not possible. Huge amount of bureaucracy involved in many companies. Don't need the synch to be perfect, can accept a bit of risk and only want the data and components. Delivery of changes could be every couple of days or so. change set granularity would be lost/ left in the host database. Component relationships and stream/ team ownership of them can be assumed to be fixed. Just need some way of merging the latest files over the top of a working area in a convenient way then loading them all into the stream using a single work item something like 2nd July update from Lab group. Want to achieve this without installing any more server components, and want this to be an efficient fool proof process.

Thanks for any pointers

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.