It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why can some people see results in a JRS report while others cannot?

Jamie Berry (14013693) | asked Jun 30 '15, 5:42 p.m.
We have a report that shows work items and the requirements they are linked to.  When I run the report, I can see the results - 116 work items.  When other users run the report, they see no results.  I have checked their permissions and it appears they should be able to run the report and see the result.  They are members of both the RTC and the DNG project areas.  Is there some specific permission settings that need to be set for these users in order for them to get results from the report?  I don't see any specific JRS permissions within the project areas.

Thank you,
Jamie.

Comments
Don Yang commented Jul 01 '15, 7:48 a.m.

what is CLM and JRS version? I tried with v5.0.2 ifix06 and dont see any problem. Once the report is shared and so long as the users are the member of the same project area, they all can see the same number of the WIs.

Jamie Berry commented Jul 01 '15, 10:27 a.m.

We are running CLM 5.0.2 with iFix006.  One of my users can now see the report results while the other cannot...  I will try to see what is different between the two accounts.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jamie Berry (14013693) | answered Jul 02 '15, 2:39 p.m.
I think we tracked down the problem.  The user I was having issues with had no email address.  We gave it an email address and now it works correctly.  In looking through the documentation on the data warehouse, it seems that user "Resources" have their resource ID set to their email address, and if they don't have one, apparently things don't work correctly.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 01 '15, 11:00 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I would assume the report runs in the context of the user ID that executes it. If they have different access e.g. one can not access certain project areas, I would assume different results. Also if the report is based on the current user, I would assume differences.

Comments
Jamie Berry commented Jul 01 '15, 11:06 a.m.

It is a project based report and both users are members of both the CCM and RM project areas with the same roles.  As far as I can tell, they have the same token licenses (at least for CCM and RM).  I have also noticed that the user who can't see the report results, doesn't appear to be able to see any data from the data warehouse. If that user account tries running any of the out of the box reports, none of the selections show any data (projects, iterations, work item types, etc.).  The one difference between the two user accounts may be on our LDAP server as one is a real user account and the other is a generic service account that is treated differently in LDAP.  I am going to pursue that further to see if something there is blocking the account.  If you or anyone else knows anything on the LDAP side that would be blocking here, let me know.  (Both users show as having JazzGuest and JazzUser Repository permissions).

Thanks,
Jamie.

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 01 '15, 11:15 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please also check the Access control settings in the project area.

Can the user that can't see the reports see the work items that are shown in the report? If so, this sounds like some bug.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.