It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Please fix - Constant problems downloading full CLM 6.0 product archives

Davyd Norris (20221014) | asked Jun 28 '15, 12:00 a.m.
edited Jul 01 '15, 10:40 p.m.
And once again the previous problem I had with the DM and RELM zip files rears its ugly head with the new CLM 6.0 downloads :-(

For some reason the download server cannot correctly report file sizes greater than 2G and so download managers cannot do multipart or resumable downloads. As I reported with earlier RELM, DM and the RRDI full zip files, this means that downloading CLM 6.0 is currently not possible for many of my clients - the download always stops after 50-200 Megs and cannot be resumed :-(

Can somebody either PLEASE fix the server side so that it correctly reports file sizes greater than the 2G limit, and thus allows download managers to resume and split, or can you please break these massive downloads into more than one piece??

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jun 28 '15, 12:58 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 29 '15, 3:25 a.m.

Davyd Norris commented Jul 08 '15, 11:20 p.m.

I have done some more troubleshooting and have found that for some reason the Jazz download server is not reporting Content-Length in its response, only Content-Range.

It seems that almost all browsers and download managers need Content-Length in order to correctly determine the file size, even though Content-Range contains the same information - this is after trying and debugging the download in IE, FF and Chrome, and with DownThemAll, Free Download Manager, and FileZilla.

I have finally managed to find just one download manager that will work with just the Content-Range server metadata (EagleGet Download Manager) and am finally downloading the CLM server zip file as a multipart.

@rschoon - Given that this is a problem with the ca-toronto-dl02.jazz.net download servers and not the product itself, should I log a defect above or not?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 09 '15, 2:27 a.m.
I have downloaded all the stuff fine, all the time. With a download manager. However, if you think this should be addressed, file a defect or enhancement request.

Comments
Davyd Norris commented Jul 09 '15, 2:34 a.m.

What download manager do you use? And are we talking the full product zips that are over 2Gb? Are you able to do segmented and restartable downloads? Maybe you've had the issue but had a more reliable connection so your one thread was able to finish?

Very weird because I have had a lot of clients out here with similar issues to me - most of the time I have had to resort to SW Downloads and they have gone to Passport Advantage, instead of downloading from Jazz.net

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 09 '15, 2:47 a.m.

I use the Free download manager. Hang in there, I am just trying to download the fill package with DM to verify your observations. If I can reproduce it, I will give the Team a heads up.

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 09 '15, 2:52 a.m.

In any case, create a defect in https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Community%20Feedback#action=com.ibm.team.dashboard.viewDashboard or against the product itself.

Downloading from passport advantage is a correct way to do it anyway, but I'd like to get it fixed on Jazz.net, if it is an issue.

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 09 '15, 2:54 a.m.

I can see with the full DM download, that I don't see any file size, download progress. I can't see any segments. I will ping the team. However, please create the defect.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.