Can I use Squid Proxy to create work items?
Hi,
I´m using here a squid proxy in order to fasten SCM access. One of the rules with RTC is "use a stable URL".
In our configuration everybody is using "https://jazz.blablabla.com" for the Web UI. Within eclipse we are using "https://jazz.city.blablabla.com" in order to use the squid proxy. As far as I understood that´s OK when you share source code with RTC. But within this scenario is it also allowed to create workitems from eclipse with this "URL"?
Best regards
Alexander
I´m using here a squid proxy in order to fasten SCM access. One of the rules with RTC is "use a stable URL".
In our configuration everybody is using "https://jazz.blablabla.com" for the Web UI. Within eclipse we are using "https://jazz.city.blablabla.com" in order to use the squid proxy. As far as I understood that´s OK when you share source code with RTC. But within this scenario is it also allowed to create workitems from eclipse with this "URL"?
Best regards
Alexander
One answer
As far as I understand the mechanism, Eclipse redirects the calls to the proxy "https://jazz.city.blablabla.com", but the URL's used are all "https://jazz.blablabla.com". You should not see the proxy URL's in the URL's you use. And as far as I know even the repository connection used in the RTC Eclipse client should use "https://jazz.blablabla.com". The proxy should pretty much transparent to you.
Comments
1 vote
1 vote