It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Restoring Deleted Artifacts in DOORS Next Generation

Adam Cruse (59159) | asked Jun 23 '15, 11:05 a.m.
Hello,
I am a novice DOORS 9.X user who is in the process of getting acquainted with DOORS Next Generation. While getting familiar with the program I deleted some artifacts within a module and would like to restore them. I can see each and every one of them in the folder created called "[NameOfModule] Artifacts" but I can't get them back into the module where they belong. I know in DOORS 9.X restoring can be done by turning on the "View Deleted Items" feature in the view menu and "undelete" them from there, but I'm having no such luck finding it in DNG. I've tried looking this up in "Help" and in the forums for quite a bit of time with no luck, would someone mind helping me out or pointing me in the right direction?
Thanks.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Jun 29 '15, 10:11 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As you discovered, when you "delete" an artifact from a module, in practice you are "removing" it rather than deleting it -- the artifact still exists outside the module.

To add it back in to the module... in addition to inserting it, have you tried dragging from one browser window to another?  I haven't done this in a while, but I seem to remember doing that once upon a time.

The enhancement referenced above is to address the case when artifacts OUTSIDE of a module (or a module itself) is deleted.
Adam Cruse selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Adam Cruse commented Jun 29 '15, 4:10 p.m.

Yep, your method works as well and also seems more efficient. I'm going to guess that if your artifact is no longer in the "[Name] Artifacts" folder though, it is the equivalent to 9.X's "Purge" feature?

3 other answers

permanent link
Carlton Knight (1612) | answered Jun 23 '15, 1:10 p.m.
Hi Adam,

There seems to be a current open enhancement request for this.  Add an undo, undelete for artifact deletions(s)

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/90044/rrc-4001-is-there-any-way-to-recover-the-artifact-which-got-deleted-accidentally
Might offer a workaround.

permanent link
Adam Cruse (59159) | answered Jun 23 '15, 1:06 p.m.
I discovered that you can add them back in by "Insert(ing) existing artifacts". Does anyone else have any other methods, and additionally, are there any way to recover artifacts that were deleted from the "[NameOfModule] Artifacts" folder?

permanent link
Adam Cruse (59159) | answered Jun 25 '15, 11:03 a.m.

Thanks Carlton,

I hope they get on that soon...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.