It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Change attribute "Created By" after importing in IBM DNG

Bart Fransen (1145) | asked Sep 12 '16, 4:32 a.m.
Hello all,

I started using Doors Next Generation a while ago, but before I had this program, we were creating requirements within Excel. Every requirement in Excel has his own originator / created by attribute.

After I imported all requirements in IBM DNG, all requirements are "created by" me. I'm the originator. Is there any way to change the created by attribute to the original originator? It is almost not workable if I'm the creator of every requirement. (By means of questions asked, comments going to me, client questions, etc.)

I hope someone can give me the solution for this!

Thank you guys for all the help.

Grts,
Bart

2 answers

permanent link
Kirk Grotjohn (1.2k3) | answered Sep 12 '16, 1:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm guessing not.  You could try export CSV/update/import CSV, but I doubt you'd be able to update a "system" attribute.  You could create your own custom attribute (e.g., owner), but that wouldn't necessarily help with all comments going to you, etc.

permanent link
Bart Fransen (1145) | answered Sep 13 '16, 2:40 a.m.
edited Sep 13 '16, 2:45 a.m.
Thanks for your reply Kirk,

I indeed tried to export and import again, with changed "created By" attribute, but that did'nt work. Tried to be a smartass, haha.

I made a custom attribute "originator" and that works okayish when it comes to looks, but indeed, it would not help me with comments / created by functions.

Grts,
Bart

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.