It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to control access to data in JRS reports at a team area level?

Andre Gusmao (802540) | asked Jun 11 '15, 5:33 p.m.
Here is the scenario:

I have a project area with two team areas (alpha and beta). Each team area is associated with its own timeline and iterations, and I created a category called Private, so that I can segregate access to work items among members of these team areas. When I file a work item planned for an iteration that belongs to team area alpha under Private, members of team area beta won't have access to this work item.
Now here's the question: is it possible to keep this access control level in JRS reports? According to my tests, JRS will only control access to data at a project area level. So if an user isn't member of my project area, he won't be able to create a report and limit the scope to the work items in my project area. But I still need to control access to data at a team area level, because I don't want users from one team area creating reports that displays Private work items from another other team area. Otherwise they'll just be overriding the data access control policy.
Any ideas on how to get it done? By the way, I'm testing JRS in version 5.0.2 iFix005.

Thanks!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Jun 12 '15, 4:51 a.m.
Hello Andre,

JRS implements the access control only on the project area level, not on team areas.

If this feature is important for your business I recommend to open a Request for Enhancement (RFE) to suggest its implementation to development:

IBM RFE Community
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/

Best Regards
Francesco Chiossi
Andre Gusmao selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Andre Gusmao commented Jun 12 '15, 9:11 a.m.

Thanks for the response Francesco. Do you know where I can find the JRS roadmap for future versions, to see if this enhancement already exists? I'm familiar with RTC, DNG, RQM and RRDI project areas in jazz.net, but I don't know where JRS fits to look for existing RFE's. 

Also, I heard about LQE and Report Builder in version 6.0, but couldn't find detailed information about it. According to my understating, Report Builder is the same as JRS, so I was wodering if LQE will provide such access control over report data.

Thanks!

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 12 '15, 9:18 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Andre, just create the RFE. It does not matter if it already exists. If so, it will be collected to similar RFE's.

Francesco Chiossi commented Jun 12 '15, 9:23 a.m.

Hello Andre,

currently the project area used by JRS is private, so unfortunately there is no good place with information on future versions.

For versions 6, Report Builder is indeed the new name of the current JRS.
While the name Jazz Reporting Service, is used to describe the bundle of Report Builder, Data Collection Component and Lifecycle Query Engine.

You can find more information in the Knowledge center for version 6:

The new reporting options in version 6

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.0/com.ibm.rational.reporting.overview.doc/topics/c_moving_to_jrs.html

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Andre Gusmao commented Jun 12 '15, 2:16 p.m.

Thanks guys!!!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.