Jazz Forum Welcome to the Jazz Community Forum Connect and collaborate with IBM Engineering experts and users

Is there a way to control access to data in JRS reports at a team area level?

Here is the scenario:

I have a project area with two team areas (alpha and beta). Each team area is associated with its own timeline and iterations, and I created a category called Private, so that I can segregate access to work items among members of these team areas. When I file a work item planned for an iteration that belongs to team area alpha under Private, members of team area beta won't have access to this work item.
Now here's the question: is it possible to keep this access control level in JRS reports? According to my tests, JRS will only control access to data at a project area level. So if an user isn't member of my project area, he won't be able to create a report and limit the scope to the work items in my project area. But I still need to control access to data at a team area level, because I don't want users from one team area creating reports that displays Private work items from another other team area. Otherwise they'll just be overriding the data access control policy.
Any ideas on how to get it done? By the way, I'm testing JRS in version 5.0.2 iFix005.

Thanks!

0 votes


Accepted answer

Permanent link
Hello Andre,

JRS implements the access control only on the project area level, not on team areas.

If this feature is important for your business I recommend to open a Request for Enhancement (RFE) to suggest its implementation to development:

IBM RFE Community
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/

Best Regards
Francesco Chiossi
Andre Gusmao selected this answer as the correct answer

2 votes

Comments
Thanks for the response Francesco. Do you know where I can find the JRS roadmap for future versions, to see if this enhancement already exists? I'm familiar with RTC, DNG, RQM and RRDI project areas in jazz.net, but I don't know where JRS fits to look for existing RFE's.  Also, I heard about LQE and Report Builder in version 6.0, but couldn't find detailed information about it. According to my understating, Report Builder is the same as JRS, so I was wodering if LQE will provide such access control over report data. Thanks!  

Andre, just create the RFE. It does not matter if it already exists. If so, it will be collected to similar RFE's.

2 votes

Hello Andre, currently the project area used by JRS is private, so unfortunately there is no good place with information on future versions. For versions 6, Report Builder is indeed the new name of the current JRS. While the name Jazz Reporting Service, is used to describe the bundle of Report Builder, Data Collection Component and Lifecycle Query Engine. You can find more information in the Knowledge center for version 6: The new reporting options in version 6 http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.0/com.ibm.rational.reporting.overview.doc/topics/c_moving_to_jrs.html Best Regards, Francesco Chiossi

1 vote

 Thanks guys!!!

Your answer

Register or log in to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.

Search context
Follow this question

By Email: 

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here.

By RSS:

Answers
Answers and Comments
Question details
× 12,145
× 363

Question asked: Jun 11 '15, 5:33 p.m.

Question was seen: 4,929 times

Last updated: Jun 12 '15, 2:16 p.m.

Confirmation Cancel Confirm