It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC client 4.01 for eclipse galileo?

Delfin Abalos (111) | asked Jun 08 '15, 2:02 a.m.

Is there a way to make RTC 4.01 installed and work properly for eclipse Galileo?

RTC 4.01 is compatible with helios. But my team cannot just depart from eclipse Galileo because we have third-party plug-ins we use in development that are certified only with eclipse galileo by the vendor.

I succeeded installing the RTC 4.01 plugin to Galileo but seems not functioning properly. i.e., the RTC objects (Streams, Workspace Repositories, etc.) I created in my Project Area are not  being visible from my RTC in Galileo...hence I am unable to download the sources using my eclipse Galileo.

Please advise if you have any work around for this...or know of something that I am missing.

Thanks in advance

2 answers

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Jun 08 '15, 9:40 p.m.
Since RTC3.0.x is compatible with eclipse Galileo(3.5.2 Eclipse), you may consider to install RTC 3.0.x plugin  on top of eclipse Galileo. In general RTC Eclipse client 3.0.x supports RTC server 4.0.1. See this technote for the compatibility:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21623665

permanent link
Delfin Abalos (111) | answered Jun 09 '15, 4:52 a.m.

Hi Don,

I did as you have suggested. Unfortunately, I still encounter the problem - missing essential RTC Project objects on the Team Artifact view. Do you think I am missing something?

Thanks and best regards,

Delfin

Comments
Don Yang commented Jun 09 '15, 9:43 p.m.

what objects are missing(what can you see in Team Artifacts view? this sounds to me that the user logged in does not have right license or the license is expired, what license(s) do you have?

Delfin Abalos commented Jun 09 '15, 10:32 p.m.

The license is a developer-floating. I am sure it is not a case of wrong license because it works fine if i use it on eclipse Helios and rtc client 4.0.1 plugin. It is just that we are using another third party plugin in our development that is not certified to work on eclipse helios that is why i am looking to find a way to use rtc client plugin that will work in eclipse galileo.

All type of rtc objects are missing (source control, workspace repositories, etc.) except for the Reports objects...when i log in to rtc server 4.0.1 using the client 3.0.1.x plugin and eclipse galileo.

Delfin Abalos commented Jun 20 '15, 1:58 p.m.

Later retry to install rtc client for eclipse plugin 3.0.1.6 resulted into version validation/incompatibility error with the server...is this something configurable from the server side? 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.