It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Client Access Licenses (Developer) 3 included (10 trial)

St Clair Clarke (662618) | asked Aug 28 '09, 12:37 a.m.
Hello,
Could someone please explain these licences for the downloads

Client Access Licenses (Developer) 3 included (10 trial) 3 included (50 trial) 3 included (250 trial) 3 included (No limit trial)

Does this means I could use any one of the package for free as long as I don't exceed the three included licences?

Or all packages except express-c will prevent access after 60 days, including the 3 included licences?

Thanks

7 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Aug 28 '09, 2:57 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I'll give it a try:

RTC Express C:

Free download, Three authorized user developer licenses included for free. No floating license model support.

You essentially can develop with it for free provided you don't need more than 3 developer licenses.

Users without a license have read only access to work items, plans,...

You can by additional "developer" as well as "contributor" authorized user licenses. The maximum number is 10 developer licenses.

"Contributor" licenses compared to Developer licenses are restricted. They can do work items, planning, reports but can not use the Jazz SCM and can not modify the Process.

The number of contributor licenses you can buy and use is unlimited.

RTC Express:

You need to purchase the server license. The server license includes three developer licenses.

The maximal number of developer licenses you can use on any given Server is 50, provided you use the DB2 (included) or another supported enterprise DB.

Otherwise the same as Express C.

RTC Standard:

Server License fee with 3 developer licenses included. Additional floating license model supported. Maximal number of developers per server is 250.

More configuration capabilities such as process customization available. see https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/2.0?p=featured .

RTC Enterprise:

the same as Standard but no restriction on developers per server.

Additional high availability support.

Hope this helps,

Ralph

Ralph

permanent link
St Clair Clarke (662618) | answered Aug 28 '09, 8:31 a.m.
Thanks Ralph,

It is a great explanation!

Now, is there a way to use the Installation Manager with express-c?

Hi,

I'll give it a try:

RTC Express C:

Free download, Three authorized user developer licenses included for free. No floating license model support.

You essentially can develop with it for free provided you don't need more than 3 developer licenses.

Users without a license have read only access to work items, plans,...

You can by additional "developer" as well as "contributor" authorized user licenses. The maximum number is 10 developer licenses.

"Contributor" licenses compared to Developer licenses are restricted. They can do work items, planning, reports but can not use the Jazz SCM and can not modify the Process.

The number of contributor licenses you can buy and use is unlimited.

RTC Express:

You need to purchase the server license. The server license includes three developer licenses.

The maximal number of developer licenses you can use on any given Server is 50, provided you use the DB2 (included) or another supported enterprise DB.

Otherwise the same as Express C.

RTC Standard:

Server License fee with 3 developer licenses included. Additional floating license model supported. Maximal number of developers per server is 250.

More configuration capabilities such as process customization available. see https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/2.0?p=featured .

RTC Enterprise:

the same as Standard but no restriction on developers per server.

Additional high availability support.

Hope this helps,

Ralph

Ralph

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Aug 28 '09, 8:54 a.m.
Hi,

sorry, but all options I see in https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/2.0?p=allDownloads#expressc for Express C are zip installs, except the visual studio client.

I like the ZIP installation better most of the times. It is easy to use, the setup takes just the time to unzip and it works as a charm. What is the rationale behind your request?

Ralph

permanent link
St Clair Clarke (662618) | answered Aug 28 '09, 9:34 a.m.
Hello Ralph,

Thanks again.

The rationale is that I would like to use my current eclipse installation with Jazz. Previously I used the installation manager to install Jazz that would spawn my eclipse installation.

I don't know if the zip can do that. Please point me in the correct direction.

Thanks again

St Clair

quote="rschoon"]Hi,

sorry, but all options I see in https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/2.0?p=allDownloads#expressc for Express C are zip installs, except the visual studio client.

I like the ZIP installation better most of the times. It is easy to use, the setup takes just the time to unzip and it works as a charm. What is the rationale behind your request?

Ralph

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Aug 28 '09, 10:18 a.m.
Sigh... That was the only reason why i used the install manager occasionally. 8-)

I am not the expert here and haven't actually tried it myself but the structure of the zipped RTC suggests you should be able to just unzip it in an existing eclipse. (keep in mind that it unzips to jazz\client\eclipse). You might have to start with a -clean after unzipping.

Also this article talks about installing RTC 2.0 with Eclipse 3.5 and might as well work for you and eclipse 3.4 http://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/InstallRTC20IntoEclipse35 .

I assume for Eclipse 3.4 you could skip "install EMF, GEF and DTP" but I am not sure.

I would try this with a test copy of my existing eclipse.......

Ralph

permanent link
Adrian Cho (8213322) | answered Aug 28 '09, 11:31 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Unfortunately we do not support the Installation Manager for Express-C except for the Visual Studio client. An IM install is only available for the other editions.

permanent link
Adrian Cho (8213322) | answered Aug 28 '09, 11:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I will also add that you might want to watch on the website for an announcement within the next three weeks about some changes in the Express-C licensing.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.