It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I pass any data from RQM to RPT?

Ang Yi (1123) | asked Jun 07 '15, 10:37 p.m.
I have configured RQM adapter for my RPT workbench, and it can be successfully triggered for execution from RQM console. but, I want to pass some execution variables for RPT test schedule, or data pool from from RQM test cases/scripts, for example, concurrent user number, test server IP/URL information etc. How to do that? thanks! 

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Jun 08 '15, 9:11 p.m.
According to RQM documentation:
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/c_rpt_adapter.html&scope=null

Rational Performance Tester versions 8.5 and later include support for Rational Quality Manager execution variables.

The details on how RPT supports RQM's execution variables(how to define, configure and what it can be done which are related to your use case) should be from RPT documentation(I could not find much though) as RPT adapter is coming from with RPT itself. You may want to ask RPT forum(https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/forum?id=11111111-0000-0000-0000-000000000326 ) and see anyone knows more details or contact RPT client support:

Comments
Ang Yi commented Jun 10 '15, 10:21 p.m.

I used version 8.7, but it does seem execution variables not support RPT ... do you have any guidance in hand to enable execution variables for RPT ? thanks!

Don Yang commented Jun 10 '15, 10:32 p.m.

No, I cant find any specific RPT related info on that. RFT has details on how to use execution variables for RQM but RPT only says it supports RQM execution variables. I am not in RPT team hence they may have some other channels to get those info for RPT adapter, that's why I suggested to ask in RPT forum or client support because they should be able to find out more info.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.