It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Test case migration with Global Category is not working

Muhammad Ramzan (1568) | asked Feb 26 '17, 4:56 a.m.
edited Feb 26 '17, 5:28 a.m.

Dears,

After updating to RQM 6.0 we are facing a critical issue.

Previously we defined categories for Test Plans , Test Cases separately. After update to 6.0 we created Global category which have scope for test case and test plan both.  Now if we are trying to migrate test case using RQM exporter we its throwing error

"Error sending to server "testcase1" of type testcase
The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
"

I am using below configuration 
testcase.category term="Product".value = F

Issue is we have defined some categories in RQM for example Category 1, Category 2. We are migrating test cases by using these categories then it throws error. If we use a new category they test cases migrated successfully and it also creates that category.

Could you please advise, how to achieve this, it looks like when we migrating test cases IBM considering category as duplicate value and restrict it. Ideally it should assign to existing one and if it does't exit then create new.

2 answers

permanent link
Muhammad Ramzan (1568) | answered Mar 01 '17, 2:13 a.m.

Can some one please answer my query 

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Mar 01 '17, 2:30 a.m.

I have the same issue in RQM 6.0.3. The server qm.log reports "duplicate category value" error which only happened to global category.

I suggest you contact IBM Support to check if the issue is a product defect.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.