It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I remove test cases from a test plan after deleting the test cases' requirements collection via the reconcile feature?

Jochen Staack (551120) | asked Mar 31 '15, 10:40 a.m.
edited Apr 01 '15, 6:48 p.m. by David Walker (2264)
I have a test plan with a link to two requirements collections. The test cases linked to this test plan are covering all those requirements.
If I now remove one of the requirements collections and run the reconcile function, I get a list of the test cases which are covering requirements that are not part of the linked requirement collections of the test plan. This is true, because I deleted one of the above mentioned collections.
Now I would like to remove all those test cases, the reconcile function found for me. There are selection boxes for the test cases available, but I can not perform any action with those selected test cases.
Is this an incomplete implementation? Am I doing something wrong?

RQM version is 5.0.1, RM versions is 5.0.1.

Thanks!

Comments
William Chen commented Apr 01 '15, 11:17 a.m.

The reconcile feature is working fine but it cannot remove all those test cases from Generate test case from requirement option after deleting a collection link. However, you can reference to the test plan History link to remove all related test cases from the old collection link if you do not have a snapshot. Also, if you can effort to remove all test cases and other collection link from the same test plan, then you can just redo the collection again. Last option would be to compare the available Requirement Collection Links or Plan Requirements Coverage Detail report vs Test Case Listing from the test plan and remove them manually:

In the Requirement Collection view of a Test Plan, you can use "View As"->"Coverage" to see the requirement to test case mapping and ensure you have correct coverage, in addition to seeing direct requirement->test case links.

One answer

permanent link
William Chen (31215) | answered Apr 01 '15, 12:46 p.m.
I could not find an open enhancement request on this. It would be great if you could put one in here.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.