It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

ability to pre-populate a work item description field

Jim McVea (4688) | asked Jun 29 '09, 10:41 a.m.
I'd like to be able to have my users create a new work item (specifically, a defect type) and have the description field pre-populated with a textual template.

The text would give the user guidance on the information which they should be providing (OS, hardware, steps to reproduce, expected behavior, actual behavior, etc.). I had this capability set up with an older Bugzilla system and it really helped to reduce the time that a defect owner had to go back to the submitter with requests for additional information.

Is there a capability in Jazz/RTC that I'm overlooking to accomplish this type of customization? I'd prefer to avoid having to create lots of special input fields in the editor presentation if possible.

Thanks, Jim

2 answers

permanent link
Marcel Bihr, Jazz Work Item team (1.4k) | answered Jun 30 '09, 4:24 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Jim
This is currently not possible. A related enhancement is enhancement 71157: Provide ability to add static text / html, or field help, in editor presentation https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/71157.
If this would not fit your needs, feel free to open an enhancement request describing your scenario.

Regards

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

permanent link
Jim McVea (4688) | answered Jun 30 '09, 9:09 a.m.
Thanks, Marcel. I think that enhancement request should meet my needs, so I've added myself as a subscriber.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.