It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Doors RQM integration not working

Justin Dyer (3135) | asked Jun 18 '09, 4:01 p.m.
Hello,
When trying to export requirements from Doors to RQM via the new integration in Doors 9.2, I get the following error:

"The command could not be executed.
Detials: Export Failed: 500 - Unable to initialise View XML Document: Premature end of file."

It is hard to tell if this is a Doors error or a RQM error. In the Tomcat window I see:

"15:56:16,906 ERROR com.ibm.rqm.integration
- Cannot enhance request for project
com.ibm.rqm.integration.common.IntegrationServiceURIException"
Anyone have any ideas where to begin on this one?

Thanks,
Justin

15 answers

permanent link
Paul McMahan (13614) | answered Jul 12 '11, 4:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The RQMI server logs or console might provide a useful error message.

permanent link
Marc Nehme (276157) | answered Jul 12 '11, 5:43 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Paul, ok, I've dug a bit deeper and found something in the <installDir>\DOORS\9.3\RQMInterface\Server\IM\conf\client.properties file.

These were the first two lines of that file:

#rqmi server host for rmi
rqmi.server.host=<hostname>

So I replaced <hostname> with my actual hostname of my RQMI server and I was able to execute the export to RQM process without error.

My colleague was also installing this at the same time as I and he had the identical error. I do not remember missing this step as I ran through the install twice and he doesn't remember it either. Has this been reported previously? Or did we indeed miss something here?

permanent link
Paul McMahan (13614) | answered Jul 12 '11, 6:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Marc, I have not heard about this issue. It may be due to a problem in the DOORS 9.3.0.4 fixpack installer.

permanent link
Lei Shi (2271) | answered Jul 19 '11, 10:04 p.m.
You can set the logger lever of RQMI server to 2, it will turn on the debug, so you can get more information.

BTW, please make sure both the RQMI server and RQMI client are started.

Hi Paul, ok, I've dug a bit deeper and found something in the <installDir>\DOORS\9.3\RQMInterface\Server\IM\conf\server.properties file.

These were the first two lines of that file:

#rqmi server host for rmi
rqmi.server.host=<hostname>

So I replaced <hostname> with my actual hostname of my RQMI server and I was able to execute the export to RQM process without error.

My colleague was also installing this at the same time as I and he had the identical error. I do not remember missing this step as I ran through the install twice and he doesn't remember it either. Has this been reported previously? Or did we indeed miss something here?

permanent link
Marc Nehme (276157) | answered Jul 20 '11, 2:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It turns out this is a bug and a technote has been drafted until its addressed:

https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21506357

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.