It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cannot Import Test Cases - RQM ExcelWord Import tool rejects my valid logon credentials - says user id, pw is invalid

frederick carter (451217) | asked Jul 29 '13, 1:09 p.m.
 I am using the RQM ExcelWord Import Tool , version 3.014

I supply the server name , my user Id, and password, and point to the out put directory and config file .

When I submit this, the system comes back with Invalid server name, user id, or password
but these are valid credentials 

In reading other postings similar to this ,  it suggests my cal license is expired or needs updating. 
however I am able to Access RTC and RQM projects 

One potential insight was :

I check my profile license page and noticed  not of the RTC licenses have been checked off, only rqm and rrc.

I am currently getting our Jazz admin to take care of this,  and will post any progress to this afterwards.

4 answers

permanent link
Antoinette Iacobo (650712) | answered Jul 29 '13, 1:53 p.m.
 Hi Frederick,
By default, the Tool uses the /jazz context root.  You may want to double check your RQM Server URL has the correct context for qm. 

permanent link
Shweta Bhat (6) | answered Jul 23 '14, 2:27 a.m.
I am using RQM Excel Importer V4.0.6 to upload Test Cases into RQM V4.0.6.

I am using the correct Server URL and entering valid ID and Password. I am giving the correct details in the config file. But I am getting error " Invalid Server name or User ID or Password"  on click of "Validation" button in the excel importer.

I could open RQM Web Page using the same Server URL and  User ID/Password.

permanent link
Antoinette Iacobo (650712) | answered Jul 23 '14, 9:48 a.m.
 Hi Shweta,

For the URL test, are you opening a browser that is on the same host that the Excel Importer is installed?

If that works, then I would try making a connection with one of the other utilities (e.g. RqmUrlUtility, Command Line Utility) that create/use the HTTP Client to make a connection (which is not the same client as what the browser uses).  If those also don't work, then there is some software blocking this client.  

Toni

permanent link
John Straathof (11) | answered May 20 '19, 3:38 p.m.
edited May 20 '19, 3:39 p.m.
It's much later, but here is an answer which is still relavent. Maybe this helps someone else.

The RQM Import tool will produce this message if the password contains special characters. I do not have the exact character range, but I have come across this with multiple passwords in another language. Once the passwords were changed, it worked.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.