It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RFT -> RQM question

Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k10288273) | asked Sep 28 '09, 2:47 p.m.
I received the following from one of our RFT users evaluating RQM. Any thoughts?

Test results are not visible at the Point of Verification (POV) level. The test I chose to execute had about 30-40 POVs. When the execution completed, it reported a single PASS result. Some of the automated test cases have around 2,000 POVs and take hours to complete. Furthermore, multiple objects/behaviors are validated in these use case scenarios. The numbers we report are based on POV counts and not at the test case level. We will need to have the test results indicate POV counts rather than a bulk result.

One answer

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Sep 30 '09, 6:14 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There are two options for viewing RFT logs, including a "plain" log and an enhanced log, that requires RFT to be present. These are in the RFT documentation on the RQM integration. The latter includes much more detailed information. Would that help at all?

The Execution Result in RQM is not going to show that fine grained information in RQM 2.0 but maybe having access to the detailed RFT log from RQM might be sufficient for your user?

Regards,
John

I received the following from one of our RFT users evaluating RQM. Any thoughts?

Test results are not visible at the Point of Verification (POV) level. The test I chose to execute had about 30-40 POVs. When the execution completed, it reported a single PASS result. Some of the automated test cases have around 2,000 POVs and take hours to complete. Furthermore, multiple objects/behaviors are validated in these use case scenarios. The numbers we report are based on POV counts and not at the test case level. We will need to have the test results indicate POV counts rather than a bulk result.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.