It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Test Case "resume execution" loosing the previous data in CLM 6.0.3 ifix 8

Naveen V (791357) | asked Jan 23 '18, 11:13 a.m.

Hi,

My environment is CLM 6.0.3 ifix 8 on windows 2012 R2 standard server. Recently upgraded from CLM 5.0.3 to 6.0.3.
We noticed that when we are resume execution of the test case then previous step results are loosing and its starting again from step 1.
 We are doing work around for this as below 
 -  going to Test Case Execution records

-          - clicking on previous results <o:p> </o:p>

-         - selecting the inprogress result <o:p> </o:p>

-         - and clicking the pencil icon to finish up your test case. <o:p> </o:p>

Using this method, a pass/failed result will not automatically be updated when the test case is completed, but that be done manually.

Does anyone see this behavior and how to fix it ? It was working in previous CLM 5.0.3 version.

Thanks,

One answer

permanent link
Subhajit Bhuiya (6222) | answered Jan 25 '18, 9:35 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

"and clicking the pencil icon to finish up your test case" - What do you mean by it? If you have an inprogress result, you can go to execution console, click on the test case progress and start executing it.

Comments
Naveen V commented Jan 29 '18, 3:13 p.m.

Hi Subhjit.

"and clicking the pencil icon to finish up your test case" - What do you mean by it?
It means. I am going to previous results page and then editing the steps where I was. If I do execution console then my previous steps saved results are wipe off. I need to start again from begin. for example. I ran one test case, which has steps 5 and completed just 3 out of 5 and then clicked on "cancel" . Again I am "resuming execution" so it should start from step 4 but its again starting from step 1. 

Hope you got my issue. 

Thanks,
Om

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.