It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Question about LIVE_WORKITEM_CNT

Bharath M (5465428) | asked Jun 09 '09, 7:14 a.m.
Hi ,

I'm trying to extract CATEGORY_NAME from LIVE_WORKITEM_CNT table. From the documentation I understand that the subcategories are stored with a '/' separator. But when I display this column on report it shows just the lower level category.

For example, if a workitem is raised against ClearCase/UCM (UCM being the sub-category under ClearCase), when I display CATEGORY_NAME on the report it just gives UCM.

I see the same issue while using NEW_WI_COUNT.

Is this a bug, or is there a way to display subcategories along with the top level categories.

I'm using RTC 1.0.1.1

Thanks,
Bharath

One answer

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Jun 09 '09, 5:52 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
LIVE_WORKITEM_CNT gets its data from the live repository and not from the data warehouse.

In 2.0 we have a more generic way of exposing the live data through the LIVE_SNAPSHOT schema. Using that, you will be able to get to the gategory item id and join it with the data warehouse CATEGORY table to get the fully qualified name of the category.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.