It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cataloging remote DB2 database for RRDI using Db2 client

Abish Mathew Zachariah (252511) | asked May 12 '15, 6:25 a.m.

Hi All

I am in the process of setting up CLM 5.0.2 along with RRDI 5.0.2 for one of our clients. Here database will be DB2 and RRDI will be on a separate server. All Windows 64 bit installation.

I see that in order to have RRDI talk to a remote DB2 database, we need to have a 32-bit DB2 client installed on the RRDI server and then catalog the remote database.

Source : https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/Db2V9RemoteCLMDataWarehouseConfiguration

But we cannot install a 32-bit DB2 client on a 64-bit machine.

However DB2 server installation contains both 32-bit as well as 64bit libraries.
Will it be sufficient if I install DB2 64-bit server also on the RRDI server and then catalog the remote DB2 database?

Is there any other steps involved other that the ones mentioned in the above link in case if I am installing DB2 64 bit server on the RRDI server ( not DB2 client) and if the RRDI server is a Windows 2012 server?

Thanks

Best Regards
Abish M Zachariah

Accepted answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered May 12 '15, 6:38 a.m.
Hello Abish,

you are right, the DB2 64bit installation (both client and server) also contains the 32bit libraries and can be used with RRDI.

The link you provide is for Linux so many of the steps are OS specifics.
On Windows the main things that you need to do are the CATALOG TCPIP NODE and the CATALOG DB instructions listed in the article.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Abish Mathew Zachariah selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Abish Mathew Zachariah commented May 15 '15, 3:04 a.m.

thanks Francesco

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.