It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQMExcelImporter: where is the execution result description when specifying"executionresult.dc:description" in cfg?

Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | asked Apr 10 '15, 3:29 a.m.
RQMExcelImporter 5.x and 4.0.5 tried.
In Sample Execution Result.cfg, it is:
===
// this configuration file will create a static testcase linked to a static configured test case which links to
// several results
// static test case definition
testcase.XLSArtifactID=B2
testcase.dc:title=C2
testcase.dc:description=D2
// static configured testcase definition with link to testcase
executionworkitem.XLSLink=testcase
executionworkitem.dc:title=C2
executionworkitem.dc:description=D2
// result definition starting at line 5 in the spreadsheet
executionresult.XLSStartRow=5
executionresult.XLSDelimeter=\n
executionresult.dc:title=B
executionresult.dc:description=C
executionresult.jzalm:state=D
executionresult.er:starttime=E
executionresult.er:endtime=F
//links all results to all of the configured testcases in the worksheet.
executionresult.XLSLink=executionworkitem
===
executionworkitem.dc:description=D2 (D2 in xls file is: This is a placeholder testcase)
executionresult.dc:description=C (C in xls file has various description, such as: This test reported fail, This test reported false and so on)
After exporting to RQM, I can see test case, TCER and test result are generated. However, I can not find any place in which descriptions for TCER and execution result are exported to.

In other sample with execution results such as [Scripts that create testcases with TCER.cfg/Scripts that create testcases with TCER.xls] etc, it all has executionresult.dc:description=xx, but there is no place for the execution result description(NOT step descriptions which have no problem) in the exported execution result.

Does anyone know what the result of executionresult.dc:description=xx is supposed to be in using ExcelImporter? Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Reshma Ratnani (1.1k1) | answered Apr 13 '15, 8:10 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Don,

executionresult.dc:description is a Read-Only field so it cannot be set. see https://jazz.net/products/rational-quality-manager/api-doc-5.0.2/schemas/qm_xsd/elements/executionresult.html#a8

We have a defect opened to set the Result details content. Link for the same is RQMExcelWordImporter : Set Result Details content for Test Cases Results associated to Test Case not linked to any TestScript (135857)

Don Yang selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Don Yang commented Apr 13 '15, 7:04 p.m.

Thank you very much Reshma for the info.
From defect WI, it seems that result details will be able to set in v6.0, is that correct?

Reshma Ratnani commented Apr 14 '15, 8:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

No Don. You can try with earlier version also. In that WI I only modified the cfg of Execution Result sample.

The only change needed is to replace dc:description with er:details in the cfg file

Don Yang commented Apr 14 '15, 10:18 p.m.

Thanks Reshma. I tried with Execution Result sample as suggested and it works. I hope all the related places in the samples can be fixed in the coming release(not only Execution Result sample has executionresult.dc:description entry)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.