It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

unable to Import Test Result Description using RQM EXCEL IMPORTER

Hareesh Jairaj (832238) | asked Apr 09 '15, 6:17 a.m.
When i am importing the Test case,Test execution record of that test case and test result.

I am not able to see Test result details in Test case result.I am using the syntax in .cfg file as below

executionresult.dc:description=E
 where E column contains the description.

Any help on this is much appreciated.

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered Apr 09 '15, 8:25 p.m.
What version of RQM and what version of RQMExcelImporter(when you launch importer dialog, the left hand bottom will have something like 4.0.5.8831 which is the version) are you using? Do you see the importing completed successfully?

I tried with v4.0.5/v5.0.1/v5.0.2 ExcelImporter and did not see any problem in importing test result details.
Can you please test with sample [Scripts that create testcases with TCER.cfg/Scripts that create testcases with TCER.xls] (under your installed Importer dir\Sample folder) and see if you have any problem or not?
If no problem with the sample, something could be wrong in your cfg/xls files and please provide more details in here.

Comments
Hareesh Jairaj commented Apr 10 '15, 12:53 a.m.

Hi Don Yang,

Thank you very much for the help.

My Doubt here is  I have a test case with No Test scripts.I want to run and execute the test case ,give the Description in result details and give the result of the test case (passed or failed or any other result).I am trying to do this.where it is not importing the sample Execution results also.It is blank in result details.Can you suggest me the syntax for this.

Any help on this is much appreciated.

Don Yang commented Apr 10 '15, 3:38 a.m.

Based on your clarification, I checked with the exported TCER and execution result based on Execution Result sample, executionresult.dc:description=x does not have any outcome even though it is specified in the cfg file.
Execution Result does not really have description field hence I am not sure how it is supposed to be like if executionresult.dc:description=xx works.
In Execution Details field, there is "Execution Information", I am not sure if this is the place that the description should go to in your mind. I tried to manually input some words there and using Poster to GET the result XML file, I notice the format is like:
<p dir="ltr"><strong>test result details:is this description?</strong></p>
which does not seem to be the likely placeholder for description. I suspect that
executionresult.dc:description may be going nowhere in this case. To clarify, I create a new post here and hopefully someone may have more info:
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/178415/rqmexcelimporter-where-is-the-execution-result-description-when-specifyingexecutionresultdcdescription-in-cfg

Hareesh Jairaj commented Apr 10 '15, 4:27 a.m.

Hi Don Yang,

Yes,executionresult.dc:description=x does not have any outcome even though it is specified in the cfg file. Thankyou for the new post. I have Subscribed for your post.

Yes I  mean the Same Execution Details there is "Execution Information".I want to import some text into that.I think we don't have a syntax for this to place in .cfg file.

Don Yang commented Apr 14 '15, 10:21 p.m.

Hi, Hareesh

I guess you have seen the comment in my post that you need to replace dc:description with er:details in the cfg file to export the Execution Details for execution information. I tried with 5.0.2 and it works for me.

Hareesh Jairaj commented Apr 16 '15, 5:32 a.m.

Hi Don Yang,

Yeah i have seen the comments and tried the same in 5.0.2 .It worked.Thankyou for the post too.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.