It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to auto save query results to a CSV file?

James Adams (547) | asked Apr 03 '15, 10:36 a.m.
edited Apr 03 '15, 11:36 a.m.
When you open a query in RTC, I know there's the button at the top right that will save the query results in a CSV, but is there a way to get the link that starts that download? I've tried viewing the HTML to get a link, but it's not listed on the a tag. 

With RTC having the limitation of not being able to query across multiple projects, I'm trying to come up with a solution to bring defects from across multiple project areas into 1 report that we can use in a daily status meeting. My plan is to download all the queries to CSVs, combine them into 1 CSV file, and then have charts built for them... If there is a more simple way to make this cross project query happen, I'm all ears.

Accepted answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Apr 03 '15, 3:44 p.m.
see the answer here

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/131393/how-to-display-a-formatted-query-result-in-a-rtc-dashboard-external-content-widget
James Adams selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
James Adams commented Apr 03 '15, 4:34 p.m.

Thank you for the quick response Sam, I appreciate it. I don't think this will solve our problem however. My end goal in all of this is to take multiple queries from different project areas and combine them into 1 master set of results. From there, I'll need to build out reports, Total Defects based on their priority (A pie chart), Defects by project area (I can do this now with the queries), Defects created in the last x days across all projects, and defects open for more than x days across all projects. 

James Adams commented Apr 03 '15, 4:39 p.m.

Actually.. there is a tab in Excel, "Data", where you can insert data "From Web". This might actually work... :)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.