It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Complex RTC queries on depends relations - multiple criteria to same depends

Morten Madsen (3053149) | asked Jun 22 '18, 4:37 a.m.
Hi all,

what I'm trying to do, is to get a list of all work item that:

1. Has a depends relation to something UNRESOLVED
  2. AND for that depends, it is NOT in current release
It seems that this is not possible. In an RTC query, I will just get all WI's with depends relations to something unresolved AND also has depends relations to something not in current release. But I want the query to specify this criteria to the same depends relation, not two different.

If this is not possible, I'm thinking I can easily write this using the java code API. My next question is then:
  • Can I implement a piece of java code as a kind of "RTC Query plugin" so that it can be executed using the web client?
Any suggestions or thoughts much appreciated,
/Morten.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jun 22 '18, 5:25 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Morten,

I am pretty sure the Query Engine does not support such a query. I once created an enhancement request for this. These kinds of queries are not easy to do in any case. Using the API you can do that, but you will likely have to iterate several times.

There are query entries (e.g. the lifecycle queries) where queries are hooked up, but I don't know which extension point (if any) is available for this kind of set up. I would try to figure how the lifecycle queries are hooked up and look if that is something I could use.

Morten Madsen selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Morten Madsen commented Jun 22 '18, 6:22 a.m.
Thanks Ralph.

I went for a work around, where I am showing two different queries on my "IT Operations" dashboard:

* All work items for current release with DEPENDS_ON where the depends_on.status != "ready for production".

* All work items NOT on current release where status is NOT resolve AND it BLOCKS a work item on current release.

This way by "turning the query around" and selecting the blocking work items, I can kinda get what I want.

One other answer

permanent link
Matt Muller (59813274) | answered Jun 22 '18, 6:37 a.m.

Morten,

Have you looked at getting this from Report builder / JRS?

Matt

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.