It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I specify the format of time spent when exporting

Glen Maxfield (956) | asked Apr 02 '15, 6:36 p.m.

We're using RTC 5.

When you export any data that has Time Spent in it, the resulting csv formats the time spent value so that it looks something like this: "2 days 4 hours 20 min".  Without some Excel wizardry, this isn't helpful for doing analysis.

Is there any way to specify the format so that it comes out in something that Excel will recognize?  For example, could I have it export Time Spent expressed in hours and have it come up with 6.33333  (i.e. 6 hrs and 20 min).

Accepted answer

permanent link
Brian Fleming (1.6k11928) | answered Apr 06 '15, 3:58 p.m.
I'm not sure this is possible from the web client but it is via the Eclipse export capability.  The third panel in the Export Work Items dialog allows you to select which columns to include in the export and choose between the "Label" and "Internal Value" of the attribute.  For Estimate and Time Spent, selecting "Internal Value" will convert the value to milliseconds.
Glen Maxfield selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Abhinav Mishra (1443039) | answered Apr 07 '15, 2:18 a.m.
Hi Glen,

As suggested by Brian u can export data in csv format via Eclipse Client of RTC.

Choosing Internal value

Third panel in the Export Workitems dialog.Choose Internal Value.

Hope,this will help !

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.