It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I give a role permission to edit someone's work allocation if the only have a JazzUser account?

Kim Williams (56133) | asked Jun 14 '17, 10:34 a.m.

Our company only allows a very few people to have Jazz Project Admin /Jazz Admin repository permissions so that we can restrict who can modify process templates.  Our scrum masters and project managers have Jazz User repository permissions.  They have a need to be able to change a team member's work allocation when doing sprint planning. Is there a way to give them this permission with only the Jazz User repository permissions?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Paul George (514) | answered Jun 14 '17, 10:44 a.m.

If you want to lock down some parts of the process, such as work items, attributes, editor presentations, and workflows, you can use a Master project area with those things set to 'Final' and point the working project area at it. That will block Project admins from changing them.

Kim Williams selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Kim Williams commented Jun 14 '17, 10:56 a.m.

Thanks for this information.  I will see if it will work as this maysolve another issue I have because those same people need to be able to create work item templates.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.