It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC max number of users with floating licence?

Marinept Villalobos (472131) | asked Apr 01 '15, 11:16 a.m.
Hello,
In our JTS server we have RTC Developer Floating Unlocked, also RQM Floating licences. I have a couple of questions about that:

1)Is there a maximum of users that can be asigned a developer-floating licence? 
I read that 250 users is the maximum, is that true?

2)Also how many users can be simultaneously taking those floating licences? 

Thanks for your attention.
Regards,

3 answers

permanent link
Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross (1.1k4458) | answered Apr 01 '15, 11:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
1) I know a customer, who has nearly 1.000 different Team Concert users. But I do not know, how the ration Developer - Contributor is.

2) Simultaneously taking: What do you mean? Only one user can take a floating license at one time. If this user gave the lic back, another user can use it. I haven't heard about a principle limit
except for IBM DB2 Express Edition which has a limit of 50 or 25 users, depending on the version.

Comments
Marinept Villalobos commented Apr 06 '15, 9:20 a.m. | edited Apr 06 '15, 9:23 a.m.

I have this doubt because when I see the admin Management Licence page, It says: "Developer- Floating -Unlocked" there's the number of assigned licences, (ex: 17)  but there's not a number for avalaible licences, only a " - ".

We already have 60 Developer normal licences apart from the "Floating" licence.

Thanks, 
Regards

permanent link
Tiago Moura (8387) | answered Apr 01 '15, 12:36 p.m.
1) Like Hans said, I do not believe that exists a maximum number of users per floating license. However, 250 people working with the same license is at least an unusual form to share.

2) 1 floating license can be assigned to 1 user at time. Is a one-to-one relationship, so you can have how many users logged-in using floating licenses as you have floating licenses.

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Apr 01 '15, 12:09 p.m.
edited Apr 01 '15, 12:14 p.m.

I can atest to the fact that the number of assigned floating licenses is not impacted by the number purchased.  For example, on one JTS I manage, Developer has >2000 assigned, but 750 is the limit purchased.   The number assigned will only impact user #751 and beyond.  But observing the License Reports for Developer reveals that even during busiest times the maximum number of acquired licenses has yet to go much beyond 500.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.