It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

I am not able to move or copy a WI across different servers in 5.0.2. Has this not been supported yet?

Chubala Rao (113) | asked Mar 30 '15, 9:40 a.m.
Is there a way to copy work items across different RTC servers? Any workarounds suggestions?

2 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6189201) | answered Mar 30 '15, 9:57 a.m.
No.. there is no function for this.  Only workaround is export that workitem and import.. need to be JazzAdmin to import

but links, attachments, etc will be a problem.. number will change etc..

permanent link
Lawrence Smith (3764) | answered Mar 30 '15, 10:00 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Move/Copy between repositories is not supported yet.  The recommended workaround is export/import, which we know drops history and may have other issues for complex items. There is a feature request to support this.

Comments
Chubala Rao commented Mar 30 '15, 10:06 a.m.

Thanks for the reply. I looked through that work item earlier and didn't see any mention specifically of the case where the customer would like to move/copy WIs across different servers. I might have missed it.

sam detweiler commented Mar 30 '15, 10:55 a.m.

When I worked for a different company, we made utilities to do this. We drove off a list of workitems selected by a query.  The major data copy was accomplished thru  export/import.  Comments, approvals, attachments, links (and all the matching number change corrections) were handled by our utility. We did not copy history.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.