It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

I am not able to move or copy a WI across different servers in 5.0.2. Has this not been supported yet?

Chubala Rao (123) | asked Mar 30 '15, 9:40 a.m.
Is there a way to copy work items across different RTC servers? Any workarounds suggestions?

2 answers

permanent link
Lawrence Smith (3764) | answered Mar 30 '15, 10:00 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Move/Copy between repositories is not supported yet.  The recommended workaround is export/import, which we know drops history and may have other issues for complex items. There is a feature request to support this.

Comments
Chubala Rao commented Mar 30 '15, 10:06 a.m.

Thanks for the reply. I looked through that work item earlier and didn't see any mention specifically of the case where the customer would like to move/copy WIs across different servers. I might have missed it.

sam detweiler commented Mar 30 '15, 10:55 a.m.

When I worked for a different company, we made utilities to do this. We drove off a list of workitems selected by a query.  The major data copy was accomplished thru  export/import.  Comments, approvals, attachments, links (and all the matching number change corrections) were handled by our utility. We did not copy history.

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Mar 30 '15, 9:57 a.m.
No.. there is no function for this.  Only workaround is export that workitem and import.. need to be JazzAdmin to import

but links, attachments, etc will be a problem.. number will change etc..

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.